LONDON: The England Cricket Board introduced a brand new roster for a one-day, three-game worldwide collection towards Pakistan on Tuesday.
The English cricket group have been pressured to pick a brand new group of gamers after seven members of the group examined constructive for coronavirus at present.
Three gamers and 4 again room employees reportedly examined constructive for the virus. The group is now led by Ben Stokes, who has changed Eoin Morgan as many of the gamers are remoted.
The brand new squad
- Ben Stokes (captain)
- John Simpson (wkt)
- Jake Ball
- Danny Briggs
- Brydon Carse
- Zak Crawley
- Ben Duckett
- Lewis Gregory
- Tom Helm
- Will Jacks
- Dan Lawrence
- Saqib Mahmood
- Dawid Malan
- Craig Overton
- Matt Parkinson
- David Payne
- Phil Salt
- James Vince
England will face Pakistan within the first ODI in Cardiff on Thursday eight July.
English skipper Eoin Morgan had beforehand mentioned it was too early to contemplate Stokes as a member of the group. The all-rounder was not within the squad up to now few weeks because of a finger damage.
“We’re ready for this second and we’re conscious that the arrival of the delta variant, along with our departure from strict enforcement of bio-safe environments, may enhance the chance of an outbreak,” mentioned ECB chief Tom Harrison.
“We made a strategic choice to try to adapt the protocols to assist the general wellbeing of our gamers and executives, who spent a lot of the 14 months in very constrained situations.
“We labored shortly in a single day to discover a new squad and we’re grateful to Ben Stokes who will return to England as captain.
“We additionally acknowledge the affect this information can have on our world class districts and their groups, and we thank them, together with our companions Sky and Royal London, for his or her continued assist in coping with this pandemic.”
The Royal London ODI collection
1. ODI: England v Pakistan, Thursday eight July 2021, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff.
2. ODI: England v Pakistan, Saturday 10 July 2021, Lord’s Cricket Floor, London.
3. ODI: England v Pakistan, Tuesday 13 July 2021, Edgbaston, Birmingham.
The Pakistani group has already reached England to play a T20I and ODI collection and had remained remoted within the derby after which they started their coaching.
Pakistani captain Babar Azam mentioned the England streak would assist put together the group for the World Cup and warned England wouldn’t be a straightforward opponent.
Skipper Azam mentioned Pakistan’s efficiency on earlier excursions had been good however cautioned towards complacency.
“The English won’t be straightforward opponents of their homeland. This can be a good alternative to organize for the World Cup.”
- Babar Azam (Captain) (Central Punjab)
- Shadab Khan (Vice Captain) (North)
- Abdullah Shafique (Central Punjab)
- Faheem Ashraf (Central Punjab)
- Fakhar Zaman (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
- Haider Ali (North)
- Haris Rauf (North)
- Haris Sohail (Balochistan)
- Hasan Ali (Central Punjab)
- Imam-ul-Haq (Baluchistan)
- Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh)
- Mohammad Nawaz (North)
- Mohammad Rizwan (porter) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
- Salman Ali Agha (southern Punjab)
- Sarfaraz Ahmed (gatekeeper) (Sindh)
- Saud Shakeel (Sindh)
- Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
- Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)